Monday, July 7, 2008

Untitled...

Walking down the same path,
The path I'm on everyday,
But today,
Something is wrong,
Something isn't right,
It's not the same,
Nothing is familiar,
Everything is just a blur,
And the warmth that I use to feel in my heart has disappeared,
It has been replaced,
By something gloom, miserable and empty,
This thing surrounds my heart and soul,
Consuming all the happiness and joy I use to feel,
'Why?' I asked myself as a shiver ran down my spine,
And then I saw him,
I tried to say something, anything,
But I felt lost for words,
Speechless even,
Because it hurt too much,
So I turned and walked calmly away,
Hoping, praying that these feelings would just disappear,
Then, I heard his call,
But I just kept walking,
'Why had I not seen the signs? Why did I not see that he was in love? Why had I been so blind?!'
He tried endlessly to tell me,
To show me,
But I pushed it away,
Thinking I was paranoid...
Everyone knew, they tried to tell me,
But I still wouldn't listen...
Now he's with another and I'm left with nothing...
But a lingering memory...

No comments: