Sunday, July 17, 2011

Love Triangles and Korean Movies= A Cliche?

Okay, so love triangles and Korean Movies and/or dramas... How are they connected?


The much talked about Korean drama, 'Boys Over Flowers'...
(The love triangle: Jihoo (the guy on the right) & Gu Jun Pyo (the third guy from the left) are both in love with the girl (in the pic), Geum Jandi)


'Romance Town'...
(The Love Triangle: Kang Gun Woo (the guy sitting down) & Kim Young Hee ( the guy standing up) are both after the same girl (the one in the maid attire), Sungeum)

'Baby Faced Beauty'...
(The Love Triangle: Both Choi Jinuk (the guy standing up) & Ji Seung Il (the guy sitting down) are after Lee Soyeong (the girl in pink))

Well, for one thing, if you've actually taken the time to sit down and watch a Korean drama and/or movie from the beginning until the end, you're bound to be watching one with either a tragic love triangle or just a love triangle where one guy wins while another loses (or something of that sort)...

I mean it's not that I have anything against Korean movies and/or dramas (especially those with love triangle) but doesn't it get a little cheesy after a while? I have to admit that I've had my fair share of watching Korean shows but I wouldn't mind if someone were to turn it up a little and change the love story trend.... I mean it wouldn't hurt to change the otherwise obvious story lines and make it more different...

Okay, so maybe I should stop watching these shows if I feel this way, right? Well, right and wrong... I can't keep away... I know... So, now I'm the only one to be blamed... But what is so wrong about a little change... Instead of making a movie and/or drama about a love triangle involving 2 men and a woman or 2 women and a man, what about adding a little more excitement? The main character could have a love interest 'cos there's nothing wrong with that but seriously, two people after the same person trend has got to end... It's getting too clique...

Where are the exciting new writers when you need one? I hope this trend wouldn't last too long... ^^

No comments: