Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wait... Who are you again???

Okay, so most people use social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter nowadays to keep in touch with their friend, make new friends etc... Well, the main reason why I have a facebook account is to keep in touch with my friends but seriously, I've noticed an increase in friends request from total strangers... Yes.. I don't know you...
I mean don't get me wrong I like meeting new people but yeah, facebook is so not the place to do that... It might that way for some people but I'm not one of them. So, the next time you're wondering, "Oh! Why isn't this person adding me?" or "Why does she keep ignoring my request?"... Just bear in mind that it's not you, it's the fact that I don't know you...
Seriously, I'm not really into adding total strangers especially not in a place where I'm certain a person can falsify information about themselves. No, no... I'm not talking about you directly if you just happen to think it's you (its not)... I'm talking about people who actually do that...
So, the next time you request to befriend someone on facebook that you don't know, just remember that if that person doesn't accept your request, it's not due to you as a person, it's the fact that we're not sure whether we can trust strangers to have good intentions... Not everyone has bad intentions in mind, but I'm pretty sure that there are a few who do...

No comments: