Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Write up...

Okay, so I was having breakfast with my mum in a cafe' nearby just the other day when this elderly man walked by to the table opposite me... I kept watching him as he drew out a plastic folder and receipt book from his rather small, black sling bag... Then, he slowly approached the guy who was having breakfast with his son or maybe nephew or stepson (and so the guess goes on) with a what I presume is a pleasant smile on his face (seeing as I was facing his back...)... I was trying to figure out what he was up to when I suddenly caught a glimpse of his light blue plastic folder... It contained many pictures of unfortunate kids... That answered all my questions... The elderly man was asking or rather begging for money to help (or maybe not) an organisation...

So that brings me back to my current topic... How do we tell the difference between a genuine, kindhearted Samaritan and a big, fat (literally) phoney? Like the elderly man I described above... How do I know whether he would really give the money he collected to the rightful owners or simply just used their names to make and keep the profit... Well, I guess one thing's for sure... We can't really tell the difference which makes me feel a little sad... How can it not? I mean you don't even know who you can and cannot trust nowadays... So unless we want to live in a world without hope, trust or loyalty I pray that the authority would take matters into their own hands and try to stop this small petty criminals from getting away and giving good, kindhearted Samaritans a bad name...

No comments: