Monday, April 11, 2011

Gossiping? Seriously?

Well, there's nothing really wrong with gossiping... I mean its bad but seriously, who doesn't do it? Most of us have gossiped at least once or twice in our lifetimes... Some people may have even crossed the line and made it a way of gaining popularity or fame... YES! Gossiping is a real job... Look it up! Haha... Its sad but true... But hey, people got to make a living, don't they? Its all good and stuff until the gossip turns out to be unreal and untrue... However, since the damage has been done, there's no turning back... And no, apologizing wouldn't really fix everything... It may fix some things but not everything...

Anyway, I'm not exactly posting this to talk about something as general as that... I was just writing this post because something has been lingering in the back of my mind since the day I've come to realize... Well, I know this two girls... I have no problem with them... They're nice to me and I'm nice to them as well (at least, I think I am... I treat them the way I treat everyone else...) We're friends but we're not those really close friends... They're more like the people I hang out with not the type of people I'll bare my heart and soul to...

Anyhow, I've noticed that recently that they like to share and whisper secrets to one another... Its like one of those inner jokes between close friends sort of whisper... And to think that they were not even close last semester... But what really gets to me (not in a way that makes me mad or angry but it just kinda bothers me...) is the fact that they whisper right IN FRONT of me... Seriously... At least have the decency to not make it so obvious because whenever my friend and I ask what's up, they're just shrug their shoulders and pretend that it was nothing... If they really didn't want us to know, they should have just talked whenever we're not around because once we see someone talking like that won't you have a tiny part of you that really wants to know even when the other part of you clearly doesn't care?

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that, don't make it obvious that you're sharing secrets that you don't want others around you to know... Keep it to yourself and wait for the right time to share it with your friend because if you were to share a secret or inside joke with only one friend, it would make other people around you a little uncomfortable and left out... Which is BAD...
Not sharing a secret with everyone around you is fine... But if you really don't want to share, other people don't have to know that you have a secret to share only among yourselves....
If you really don't want a friend to feel left out, include them as well... It need not be a gossip... Just taking the effort to include them is enough... No one likes to feel left behind or left out.... Just a little effort could gain the respect of your peer... Oh, not forgetting appreciation... ^^

~Good luck! Try to do whatever you can to keep your friends happy when they're around you... Who knows? You may grow to become closer friends one day.... ~

No comments: