Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A poem by me... Is it even a poem?! I'm not sure...

This poem is written by me but is most definitely not related... Tell me what you think... Some of my friends found it quite deep while some just ask me who this poem is referring to... So I'm telling you readers that it's just a poem and has no connection to me or anyone else for that matter... Here goes:

I closed my eyes,
And took a deep breathe,
Pain and misery slowly gripping my heart,
Shattering it into a million pieces,
Making it impossible to fix...

Every breathe I took was shallow and measured,
Tears threatening to fall at any second,
Not any tears,
But hot, white tears...

I discovered the truth minutes ago,
The reality of it hit me like a sharp, icy breeze,
Finally, it all added up...
Everything from the start,
The joy, happiness and fun,
It all seems so far away now...

The tears I've been holding back finally fell down my cheeks,
The realisation and pain too much to bear any longer,
But strangely after that,
I could still feel a little hope within me,
It was a weak pulse but I could feel it nonetheless...

It was strange this feeling,
But I looked upon it as a sign...
Maybe... Just maybe...,
I had another chance,
Maybe...
Not with this person and not now...
But maybe with another...

No comments: