Saturday, May 30, 2009

Penang...

It's been a year since I last been to Penang... I kind of miss it... When I was last there, my dad planned the most awesome trip ever!!! I'm sorry if I sound like I'm bragging but I really think that the trip to Penang was a really AWESOME one!!! Anyway, he planned to take us hiking for two days in a row... (This may not sound cool to some people but it's really COOL for me...) On the first day, we hiked to an island nearby to have a look at the meramautic lake... The lake really intrigued me because the salt water from the sea and the fresh water from the jungle met but they didn't mix... During the hike there, we saw a black dog in the jungle who sort of lead the way to the lake... (I understand if you find that hard to believe but the dog really did lead the way... Haha)... When we got there, we took a bite and played on the beach not in the sea because a man (from a group of people who were having some company game) was stung by a jellyfish... Haha... Yes, I WAS simply terrified & petrified!!! I was really afraid to enter the sea after that... Anyhow, after an hour or so, a fisherman that we've paid to come & get us back to the mainland arrived in his boat arrived & waited at the jetty nearby... We hopped on the boat & went back for some rest before the hike the very next day...
The next day, we took the same boat to the same island, only we were on the north (or was it south?) side of the island... We got there & hiked up to the lighthouse located aboth 15km up the hill... When we got there, we got the permission from the guy in charge & climbed up to the top of the lighthouse... The view was spectacular & breathtaking... I was in awe... Anyway, while up there, we manage to spot at least 7 eagles (They looked so graceful & free)... Not long later, we hiked down to the beach to wait for my mum & uncle who could not join us for the hike due to a conference... When they got there, we had a nice little barbeque prepared by the fishrman's wife... We even had lobster!!! Courtesy of my uncle... Haha... After eating the parents wanted to chill out, so my dad brought my cousin, Shaun, my sister & I for some water sports... JETSKIING!!! We had a blast but my sister was much wilder than I was on the jetski... She was going extremely FAST!!! I think my sister has a need for speed... Anyway, when we were done, th fisherman brought us all to the middle of the sea for some fishing... It was pretty awesome but I felt kind of sorry for the fishes... But I did manage to catc a few... Haha... Anyhow, on the way back after the fishing, the fisherman allowed my cousin to drive us back... Which was kind of nice of him seeing as my cousin is only 10... Haha... In other words, I MISS IT!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

next time, talkabout Melaka, preferably Jonkers Street.